If you or your child are showing any symptoms related to Covid-19, please refer to the NHS and Government guidance (please see the links above). At this time of year, some children may be displaying mild cold-like symptoms which are not consistent with the NHS guidance re Covid-19. If this is the case, parents need to decide whether their child is fit enough to attend school or whether they need to rest at home for a period of time. However, if your child is displaying any of the symptoms outlined on the NHS link above then you must keep your child off school and organise a COVID test as soon as possible.
In the event of absence due to COVID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title COVID-19.
Guidance for Visitors to Hillsgrove
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020- Protocols for Lesson Visits
Our core obligation is to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of employees and children and the safety of non-employees. We hold the prime responsibility for ensuring the safety of our pupils, first and foremost, but also, and as importantly, of staff and volunteers, parents and carers, guests and visitors, contractors and delivery services. We are therefore implementing the following regulations to help ensure that we maintain a COVID-secure environment for all:
- If you or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or is currently residing in a locally ‘locked down’ area then you must not visit the School.
- By entering our site, you agree that you are fit and well without symptoms of COVID-19.
- Tours will only take place online.
- All visitors must sign in on arrival and give their email address and phone number to enable visitors to be tracked and traced should the need arise via Zappify.
- All visitors must follow current guidance relating to social distancing. Visitors may not enter classrooms or shared areas which are used exclusively by ‘bubbles’.
- Visitors must wear a face covering whilst on site, and use Anti-Bacterial Gel on arrival. Hygiene and hand-washing precautions must be followed at all times.
- We will record the areas which you visit during visits, together with the names of any people you speak to while on site. This is to support the track and trace system as far as we are able.
- All External observations (Trust and Visitor) will be undertaken without entering the bubble, from outside of the classroom door to limit additional entries to the areas.
- Visitors must not touch resources, surfaces or access points and should use Anti-bacterial gel wherever any breach of this is made.
- Where visits are deemed essential for pupils wellbeing or learning, this will be agreed in advance and entered in to on the basis that this policy is fully followed and that all movement around the school will be planned in advance and monitored by our team, under the direction of our leadership team.
- Face to face conversations with pupils will not be permitted
"We thank you in advanced for helping to keep our teachers teaching, our school open and our children safe."